Fardh al-Qanoon simulation, version 1.1
I’ve made some tweaks to my rules for Fardh al-Qanoon. The updated rules are available on Scribd, while the Map and Counter Sheet are available for download as usual. A changelog can be found at the end of this post, with my design notes available here.
Now that I’ve submitted a version of my simulation for my course, my plan moving forward is to create a separate version of Fardh al-Qanoon not bound to the original assignment’s parameters. Future versions will include more playable factions and, hopefully, a more accurate representation of the insurgency.
Map & Counter sheet
Download Map on Google Docs
Download Counter sheet on Google Docs
Download Rules on Google Docs
- Reinserted critical missing rule about advancing Sunni Relations Counter in G-12.
- Clarified difference between securing Sunni neighborhoods and districts in B-6.
- Added clarification in E-3 about Militias moving from Sunni neighborhoods into the district the neighborhood is in.
- Added clarification in I-2.
- Fixed typo in example of play.
Excellent work here! Very interested in the way you built this COIN game around manpower and control of regions.
What software did you use to build the map on? Very cleanly done!